Literally, milk jam. Milk and sugar! Concentrated calories, pure bliss!
Not to be missed...
Empanadas are an Argentinean emblematic delicacy : small pastries stuffed with minced beef, raisins, olives and onions, seasoned with pepper, paprika and cumin. The stuffing varies according to the region. These little croissants are delicious …
1 kg minced beef meat
2 kg white onions
500 g margarine or butter
6 boiled eggs cut in small strips,
olives, raisins (facultative)
- Condiments: salt, pepper, oregano, hot pepper, cumin, chives.
- Paste: puff pastry or shortcrust pastry
- Clean onions, slice them thinly and steam for 15 mn. Drain
- In a pot, warm the butter, add onions and cook during 20 mn always by moving.
- Add meat, condiments, move and let cook approximately 15 mn. The stuffing gets ready generally the day before to make it even smoother.
- Cut puff pastry dough into 10 cm diameter rounds.
- Arrange a soup spoon of preparation of meat on a side of the circle, put a small strip of hard egg and blades of chives. Close the paste on the preparation and fold sides in small slippers.
- Put a little of egg yolk on your empanadas.
- Put in a dish in the oven at 180°C for about 15-20 mn until they turn golden. Serve very hot.